Can’t find the artwork you have in your mind…?
Did you think it’d be easy to find the art you were looking for, yet nothing seems the right shape, or colour… or it’s mass produced, repeated everywhere, and just feels soul less…?
Would you really like a piece of art that reflects you, and your unique personality…? Maybe you have specific colours in mind, numbers, shapes or symbols, that hold special meaning to you that you would like to include…?
Treasured letters, or fragments of the past… Pressed flowers from a bouquet… Why not include them into a piece of art that you can admire every day, rather than having tucked away in a deep dark drawer…
Imagine if you could work with somebody artistic; someone you could discuss your ideas with, and create unique, bespoke, soulful art, with subtle little nuances that hold those really special meanings and memories for you….
I can help you with that!
Together, we can create artwork(s), especially for you…
Pieces that are meaningful, poignant, and tailored towards your personal taste.
Using my artistic talents, and your ideas… together, we can create unique, bespoke pieces.
Pieces to loose yourself in, mark your occasions, make those walls pop, and ensure you find artwork that’s exactly what you’re looking for….
I work with Interior Designers, Companies and Individuals, helping them find one off, bespoke artworks…
I specialise in a very unusual ancient process, (encaustic painting) using hot molten beeswax, with my own modern day twist. Every piece is lovingly created and crafted into its finished form, using only the highest quality materials.
Beeswax is a unique medium, it’s natural materials give it a very organic feel and energy, and allows for limitless combinations of ideas to be incorporated.
- To explain the graphic above a little more….
- It starts with you contacting me…. via e-mail: email@example.com is best, giving me a little background information about what work you are looking to commission, and what work of mine you’ve seen that prompted you to get in touch.
- From there, I will reply to you, either with suggestions, or to arrange a video call to discuss size, style, vibe, etc. and I will subsequently confirm pricing depending on the project.
- There is never any pressure for an immediate decision whilst on a call, you are welcome to take your time to think it through. I will follow up with you a few days later if I haven’t heard back from you.
- Once agreed that you would like to proceed with a commissioned artwork, a contract is signed by both parties, and a 50% non-refundable deposit paid to secure space in my diary and purchase required materials.
- I usually liaise with you 2-3 times throughout the process, sharing progress pictures, or videos, please respond promptly and don’t be afraid to speak up, so as a) not to delay the completion, and b) to ensure you are getting the finish you want.
- My paintings are very intuitive, and I’m often led to a colour, texture or shape during the creation of the piece, often my clients are happy to leave the details of that with me, so discuss this with me if this interests you, often people don’t know exactly what they want, so this intuitive direction works perfectly, for both parties!
- Payment needs to be received in full, before the artwork is shipped to you. Payment plans can be organised if required.
- We will arrange a convenient time for delivery. UK shipping is normally included. Overseas shipping can vary widely, so contact me for a quote. I always add insurance for the full value of the piece, and there maybe additional import duties to be paid upon arrival into the country destination, so please take that into consideration.
- I hope you will be bursting to let me know how much you love it after it has arrived! If I don’t hear from you, I will follow up and check that you are happy, and would always work with you in case of any unexpected problems.
- Feedback and written testimonials are always welcome… if accompanied with a photograph of your art hanging, or with you, even better!
How long would a commissioned painting take?
That really depends on the piece. We can discuss that, if you need your art for a special occasion with a deadline, let me know and we can discuss options.
A number of factors can affect the timescale, but as a rule of thumb, allow 4 – 6 weeks.
However, it can be quicker, could also be slightly longer! If you have a deadline, I will always try to work with you around that. Or we can discuss an expedite option if it’s really urgent.
My paintings can sometimes take six months to fully cure (harden) once finished, so depending on where they are shipping to, I like to ensure they have cured sufficiently to ensure they won’t be damaged in transit.
I will always keep you informed throughout the process.
All of my original artwork comes with a signed certificate of authenticity, care instructions and a short explanation of how it was created… so you can explain it to your friends as they admire it!
How much does it cost to commission a painting with you?
Prices depend on the complexity and size of the artwork.
To give an idea, large scale layered pieces on wooden panels would be around £5,000 for a 1.5m x 1.5m piece.
Medium sized pieces would range between £600 – £1,800 for a 60 x 60cm depending on whether is was an encaustic paper piece, or a multiple layered piece.
Small pieces on encaustic paper, such as my dreamy landscapes or abstracts, would typically be around £220 for a 15 x 21cm piece.
Framing, if required, would be at an additional cost.
If you’re an interior designer, finding unusual art for your client that they haven’t come across before is key, I’m very happy to work with you and help meet your clients brief.
If you’re wondering what the limitations of my creations are, really very few. I either work with standard UK sized papers and boards, which I often cut or crop to create the finish I’m after, I also work with a cabinet maker, who can make boards for me in any custom size or shape I want… I also love to create sculptures, and can work on a variety of substrates, I love unusual and challenging projects… so don’t put a limit on what’s possible.
Within a few short weeks, you can be soaking up your new personalised art, basking in the colour, texture, and knowledge that you have a unique piece of art that you will cherish for years to come.
I will finish off with a few photos and testimonials from happy clients…!
I look forward to hearing from you and helping to create your perfect piece.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org to start the process.
Also see more on my Art Testimonials Page